No Bake Granola Bars
These granola bars are quick to make, need no baking and are full of seeds and nuts that will keep you feeling fuller for longer. Adding protein powder takes these bars to the next level! Make a double batch and you have your post-work out treats sorted to keep you going through-out the day and ensure your body is getting the boost it needs!
Makes 12 Bars
1 cup (200 g) medjool dates, pitted
1/3 cup (80 ml) maple syrup
1/3 cup (85 g) salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
½ cup (60 g) roasted unsalted almonds, loosely chopped
1-1/2 (135 g) cups rolled oats
¼ cup shredded coconut
1 tbs pepita seeds
1 tbs sunflower seeds
1 tbs chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup dried cranberries
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 scoops ISO+ Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate
- Line a 20cm x 20cm baking dish or other small pan with baking paper.
- Process dates in a food processor until it forms a ‘dough’ like consistency
- Warm the peanut butter and honey in a saucepan and then add to the dates, stir until well mixed
- Place date mixture and remaining ingredients into a bowl, mix well until thoroughly combined and comes together, add some coconut oil if the mixture appears dry and not coming together.
- Transfer to prepared tin, press down until flattened and cover with or plastic wrap and set in fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- Remove bars from tin and cut into 12 even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to several days.
TIP: play around with the ingredients, swap the seeds for chocolate chips or mixed dried fruit.